Saturday, December 21, 2013

Christmas in the Canyon

I loved waking this morning in our canyon.  While drinking a cup of coffee, the orchard became an etherial wonderland.  The snow and low lying fog are not common alone much less with one another.  I've been getting into the holiday spirit. 

Christmas cookies and bars with the twins was fun.  They each had their own set of baking tools and a prepared recipe (Bob's Red Mill gluten free) along with butter, turkey eggs and a bit of water.  Fun to see them want to taste, but hope it didn't upset anyone's tummy!  Put me in the holiday spirit. 

This is my favorite time of year in the canyon.  End of December, about 11 years ago, we first viewed this property.  I fell in love with the view of the farm, the orchards, the buildings.  It was a diamond in the rough.  I wouldn't have thought it would have gone so quickly.  The kids may have thought we were crazy, but leaving the midwest works for us.




All in all, it's a wonderful life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment