Thursday, January 30, 2014

Time

I always thought that winter was the slow time on the farm.  No so much when you harvest pecans.  The good news is that they are a cash crop but even the bad ones feed the chickens.  I had the turkey eating out of my hand today.  I have to step on the pecans and open them, but the weather was so nice, it was a pleasure to be outside.

That Tom was eyeing me!  I know many people say just buy your eggs and get rid of the Tom.  I think we have come to an agreement.  Molli and he have an adversarial relationship, but Molli is the boss.  She stays close while he's around me, so I'll keep them both and hope for a clutch of eggs.

There is a list a mile long of possible things to do.  Phil suggests that It's good to have lots to do, but nothing that needs to be done now.  I agree.  I've got a few projects that were laying around.  I've organized and cleaned that stuff.  Now on to some things to get ready for spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment